There is plenty of information available online about the cost of installing a swimming pool, so this post is designed to give you a quick overview of the things you will need to consider. You can access more detailed information by following the links we have included.
Before You Hire A Pool Builder
- Council Requirements – every council has different rules when it comes to building a pool so make this your first step.
- Budget – work out the absolute maximum amount you want to spend factoring in a buffer for unexpected costs.
- Who Will Be Using The Pool – think carefully about your family and who you anticipate will be using the pool. This will help guide you in choosing a pool type further down the track.
- Available Land – where you want your pool to go and where is the most suitable place are two different things. You will need to consider the slope of the land and whether any preliminary excavation work needs to take place. It’s a good idea to consult with a pool builder at this stage.
What Type Of Pool Do You Want?
Above-ground or in-ground is the first decision you need to make. In-ground pools are more expensive because they require excavation and if the access to your yard is limited, you will have to pay even more. Above-ground pools are cheaper but there aren’t as many options to choose from. They are, however, better suited to sloping blocks. When it comes to materials, there are three options to choose from – vinyl, concrete and fibreglass. This comparison of materials and installation costs will give you an idea of the kind of money you can expect to pay for each material.
Find out more about financing your pool.
Other Costs To Consider
In addition to the installation costs, you will need to factor in the cost of fencing, landscaping, essential pool equipment, accessories and furniture.
There are also a number of ongoing costs to consider including:
- pool chemicals
- home insurance policy increase
If you choose to heat your pool, you will also need to consider the cost of
- electricity to heat the pool
- a pool cover if this wasn’t fitted on installation
Your choice of pool builder will have a huge impact on the success of the project. Make sure you do your research and hire an experienced pool builder with a good reputation. Talk to CJG Pools & Earthworks about starting your pool building project.